Sunday, June 15, 2008

Liv & Love

Happy Father's Day. This morning as soon as I woke up I said Liv's name and then I said it backwards and besides all the other reasons for me loving the name, I realized it was also a part of my father's name Orville and that made me really confident and clear. So as much as I've thought about the name Liv and why I like it, today had a special meaning.

-meaning: a vow with God and the intention behind it

-shortened nickname for Elizabeth (my middle name)

-And now part of my father's name (by the way a very unusual name)


So maybe it's a coincidence that it's part of his name and that I just realized it today or maybe it's poppy putting the thought in my head, saying he'll be there to watch over us. I believe the later. Here's a postcard that Melinda gave to me from my dad that he loved that was saved with a note (don't use). I thought it would be perfect to share today.


I also want to salute all the other fathers & men in my life - Andy, Manuel, David, Jet, Kris, Russell, Sandro, David, Takeshi, Sensei just to name a few....thank you for all your love and support!

No comments: