Tuesday, June 3, 2008

CIS Approved

WHOOOPEEEEEEEEEEEE. Today Officer P. called to tell me that I received Citizenship and Immigration Approval to bring a child into my home. I was so happy because this process could have taken up to 8 wks but only 2 1/2 for me (thank you). So I chose to ship all my paperwork to a person in Sacramento who will get the Calif. Secretary of State to authenticate my final paperwork (in 2 days rather than 3 wks) which includes: CIS approval, notarized homestudy report, notarized social worker license, notarized agency license, notarized financial statements. Once this is authenticated it will meet the other paperwork (that's already been authenticated) and be sent off to the Ethiopian Government for approval. Fingers crossed that within the next 1 to 2 wks I should be on the official wait list.

It's hard to explain what a huge feeling it is to have the paperwork off my plate. The last six months have been document heavy. The IA (International Adoption) paperwork plus the name change really challenged my organization skills and patience. I would like to thank Kate for her expertise, Natalie for her tips, Laura for always helping me with the dirty work, Dena for her countless signatures and all my great friends.

This milestone also triggers a mind shift for me. Because I've been operating from a one step at a time place, I now can really start mentally preparing for Liv and all that means from a more emotional place rather than the logistical tasks I've been focusing on. I pray for her every night and feel much closer to the reality of having her.

I want to thank Dayna for going to CIS with me today and share with everyone this thoughtful t-shirt she gave me.

"A journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step." – Chinese Proverb

No comments: