Wednesday, December 30, 2009

Hope in the New Year!

2009 has stretched every emotional strand in my body. 2009 invigorated me in ways that only 1st year at University does. 2009 has tested my character, beliefs and faiths to limits I thought would never have been tested. 2009 has fostered amazing friendships - ones of power and conviction. 2009 has provided in a way never imagined mostly by taking away and then offering a better direction. 2009 has cemented my understanding of my role in life happening to me. 2009 has joined me with my hero of a daughter & the possibility of my son.

2009 has led me more to myself.

And because I'm continuing on this journey of authenticity, I look to commit to self improvement and therefore find this photo and this quote particularly appropriate as I step into 2010.




"Whoever had the idea to cut time into the slices we call years, was a clever person. He industrialized hope, letting hope carry us even at the limit of exhaustion. Twelve months is enough for any human being to be worn down and start to give up. But here comes the miracle of renovation when everything starts afresh, with a new number and renewed belief that from now on everything will be different." Carlos Drummond de Andrade (1902 - 1987).


LOVE, HAPPINESS, BEAUTY, CREATIVITY, CLARITY, WISDOM, HEALTH & HOPE to ALL.

We are One


3 comments:

Corinne said...

I think that's very beautiful. A happy and exciting 2010 to you.

Jebena said...

ONE!

Julie said...

Happy New Year Ame. You have shown incredible strength, and fearless determination. I am so happy to have you as a friend. I am so excited for LT to meet her older brother too. xoxo