Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Windex


If the doors of perception were cleansed, everything would appear as it is - infinite” - William Blake

The last 5 years feels like I've been living in a pin-ball machine. Little continuity with surprise after surprise around the corner. Everything I didn't expect, has been everything that's meant something great to me. And days like today, when I'm greatly mourning the passing on of my pop, I stop and count my blessings & focus on cleansing my perception. To that end:

I'm so grateful that the biggest hassle in my day today was taking out the trash bins with some light rain.

I'm so grateful that my soul feels fed by my work.

I'm so grateful that when I feel overcome by responsibility, I stop and realize I can handle it.

I'm so grateful that the people around me inspire me to be better.

I'm so grateful that the Universe is supporting me both by giving and taking away and my senses/heart are learning to take the appropriate cues.

I'm so grateful that at 36, I feel like I still see the world enchanted by all the beauty & grandness.

I'm so grateful that Ethiopia has entered my world as a focal point.

I'm so grateful that I get to mother Liv Tunsitu.

*Artwork by Ethiopian Artist Shifera Girma. I'm in love with how he captures a spirit of energy & romance in his works. Looking at this art is meditative & healing. Thank you Shifera.


No comments: