Saturday, November 15, 2008

To/For the children of Ethiopia


i carry your heart with me (i carry it in
my heart) i am never without it (anywhere
i go you go,my dear; and whatever is done
by only me is your doing, my darling)
i fear
no fate (for you are my fate,my sweet) i want
no world (for beautiful you are my world, my true)
and it's you are whatever a moon has always meant
and whatever a sun will always sing is you

here is the deepest secret nobody knows
(here is the root of the root and the bud of the bud
and the sky of the sky of a tree called life;which grows
higher than the soul can hope or mind can hide)
and this is the wonder that's keeping the stars apart

i carry your heart (i carry it in my heart)

--ee cummings--


As we approach the Holidays, I feel like there is a needed energetic shift taking place. A good shift. Between the economy slowing down and the nation coming together to promote change, I believe this is a time where we all are reevaluating our value system and how we can contribute to the world. I encourage this reflection and hope we will collectively change the Holiday mindset from me to WE and place priority on giving in real ways through time, energy and resources for those who truly need.

In the spirit of Operation Spread Holiday Love, I'm offering a very worthy organization for consideration:

AHOPE for Children is a non-profit organization whose mission is to serve the children of Ethiopia, with a primary emphasis on caring for orphans infected with HIV. In Addis Ababa, AHOPE's two pleasant, well-staffed Children's Homes care exclusively for orphans who are HIV+ and have no extended family to care for them. Many of these children are now finding their forever families through adoption. AHOPE's Community Outreach Program enables orphaned children to remain within their extended families and culture, while receiving medical care, education, food, and other services.

www.ahopeforchildren.org

DONATIONS TO AHOPE ARE THE PERFECT GIFT FOR THE HOLIDAYS AND FOR OTHER SPECIAL EVENTS

Are you looking for just the right gift that isn’t just “stuff” for a person who has everything and needs nothing, whose heart would be touched by reaching out to a child who has nothing and needs everything? Make a donation or sponsor a child in a friend's name. A gift that keeps on giving.

2 comments:

Robbin Hopkins said...

Thanks for the comment... sounds like you made the cut. Its hard for all of us I'm sure.

Thanks Robbin

Sam said...

Are you #9 on the list? I am #16 I guess....