Monday, October 27, 2008

I want to be a DREAMER

Eleanor Roosevelt:
The future belongs to those who believe in the beauty of their dreams.

Robert H. Schuller:
Build a dream and the dream will build you.

Carl Sandburg:
Nothing happens unless first a dream.

Henry David Thoreau:
Our truest life is when we are in our dreams awake.

Maya Angelou:
A bird doesn't sing because it has an answer, it sings because it has a song.

Kahlil Gibran:
To understand the heart and mind of a person, look not at what he has already achieved, but at what he aspires to do.

Henry David Thoreau:
Dreams are the touchstones of our characters.

Albert Einstein:
When I examine myself and my methods of thought, I come to the conclusion that the gift of fantasy has meant more to me than my talent for absorbing positive knowledge.

Ralph Waldo Emerson:
Hitch your wagon to a star.

Vincent Van Gogh:
I dream my painting and then paint my dream.

John F. Kennedy:
The problems of this world cannot possibly be solved by skeptics or cynics whose horizons are limited by the obvious realities. We need men who can dream of things that never were.

Charles Du Bos:
The important thing is this: to be able at any moment to sacrifice what we are for what we could become.

William Arthur Ward:
If you can imagine it, you can achieve it. If you can dream it, you can become it.

Barack Obama:
Together our dreams can become one.

2 comments:

Heather said...

Wonderful post!! I'm right there with you... I believe in the beauty of my dreams. My father used to quote William Arthur Ward all the time, "If you can imagine it, you can achieve it. If you can dream it, you can become it." Great way to live you life, huh?!

Here is a wonderful quote from Christopher Reeve:
So many of our dreams at first seem impossible, then they seem improbable, and then, when we summon the will, they soon become inevitable.

Annie said...

great post :)

my favorite about dreams by Henry David Thoreau:
"Go confidently in the direction on your dreams. Live the life you've imagined."

it's a magnet on my fridge for the past 7 years as a reminder to go after what I've wanted.