Sunday, August 3, 2008

1st Annual Blog Union

Thanks to Drew and Carey and all the families who flew from around the states to come to Hermosa Beach.  I had a great time with mom, meeting and hearing all the individual stories.  I also am fortunate that there's about 7  families that live close to me that I will be able to share with through the years.  Seeing the little smiles made me feel happy and peaceful and clear and certain and hopeful and excited and lucky.  

For those of you who don't understand, one family who has and is adopting a second girl from Ethiopia decided to hold a weekend social for all "like" families that she has met while blogging online about her experience.  It has become fairly popular for people like myself to share their blogs and in turn become "pen pals" with other families.  Because of the strong interest to create community  and friendships many families decided to travel to spend a long weekend together.  It was really special and I feel very honored to be included in this group.  The head of my adoption agency even came with his family to show his support.  The experience was very touching but there were two children in particular that mom and I hit it off with.  Here's a pic so I will never forget how charismatic and charming they are.

The second wonderful thing about this weekend, is that in true Leon fashion Mom and Manuel worked their rears off getting my house together.  Manuel painted the outside and Mom helped me sort through closets to get rid of about 15 bags of "stuff".  So much was accomplished through organization and beautification.  I'm on my way...I think I can, I think I can...I think I can...

No comments: